Holiday Party Looks for Her
Sure, a little black dress is always on par for a special occasion, but you can take your holiday party attire to the next level with a modern touch. Whether attending a holiday gathering with family or friends or a celebration with co-workers at the office, these holiday party outfit ideas will have you looking stylish and sophisticated from start to finish.
What to Wear to a Holiday Party
Attending a holiday party is all about having fun and celebrating the season, and your outfit should follow suit – think luxe textures like cozy knits, metallic stud embellishments, and rich velvet materials. While the type of ensemble you choose will vary based on the type of party you're attending, these basic holiday party outfits work for many settings:
- A sleeveless velvet dress and open-toe stilettos: Get a flattering silhouette with smooth velvet material topped off with strappy heels.
- An off-shoulder dress and mules: Create visual interest by going for a striped dress to wear with pointed toe mules featuring a stacked chunky heel.
- A sweater coat, turtleneck shirt, and dress jeans: Wear a classic, tailored sweater coat with a cozy turtleneck in a bright, festive color and your favorite pair of nice jeans.
- A simple t-shirt with a jacket and ankle booties: Turn a basic tee into a holiday party shirt with accessories and a jacket featuring a rich material, like Sherpa.
What to Wear to an Office Holiday Party
While office holiday party outfits should be work-appropriate, you can still have fun with your attire. Use the following tips to help you decide what to wear to an office holiday party:
Office Parties During Work Hours
Some companies opt for smaller parties held during regular office hours. In this setting, opt for business-appropriate attire, and dress your look up to match the occasion. For example, spruce up your cowl-neck sweater dress by swapping out your flats with a pair of trendy high heels or pull-on pointed toe boots. Or, exchange your regular button-down shirt for a blouse or tunic to go with your black slacks.
Office Parties After Work Hours
While you'll have the opportunity to let your hair down and relax a bit, remember to keep things professional during after-hour office parties. To maintain your work-appropriate look while dressing up, try the following ideas:
- Select a dress or blouse with a flattering higher neckline.
- Add a touch of glamour to your outfit with a chic velvet blouse or tee.
- Elevate your office holiday party outfit with a relaxed fit crewneck tee embellished with sparkly studs.
Any type of holiday party is a wonderful opportunity to let loose and show your personality. Browse the assortment of amazing holiday party outfit staples, stylish dresses and women's tops at Splendid to find your look now.